Friday, August 31, 2007

Meh

So, this morning when I woke up I couldn't walk. Which means that putting pressure on my left foot was intensely painful. I took a lot of Advil (3) and iced it until I could hobble around enough to get ready for work. Made it around work for a bit. I scheduled a doctor's appointment though the first one they have is Tuesday morning. The doctor is a very highly rated podiatrist on yelp.com which is a ratings/review website that I love.

When I showed the bottom's of my feet to Justin he was able to see something very wrong with my left foot (the tendons are taut and swollen) - I am somewhat convinced that I have Plantar Fasciitis which would really really suck. Needless to say I am not going to run tomorrow - every step I take feels like someone is shoving an ice pick into my heel/arch area. I am icing, taking large amount of ibuprofen because it doesn't seem to affect my stomach badly, and whining. Though really I am just cranky that this has happened. I was working very hard to not push myself so that I wouldn't get injured. I was trying to do everything right. Oh well, we will wait to see what the podiatrist says on Tuesday.

Cross your fingers for me that this won't mess up my training too much.

No comments: