Monday, August 20, 2007

Saturday & Sunday runs

So Saturday is the coached long run of the week. It starts at 8am and this time was at the San Leandro marina. I ate breakfast before I went but it was already 7:30am. We were supposed to run 3-5 miles (up from 2-4 the first run). I started out ok running with Blair, the lady I ran with at the buddy run on Tuesday. But by mile 1.25 I was hurting. I had a really bad stitch in my side the likes of which I hadn't felt since the very first run. I started walking and a mentor helped me get rid of the stitch, though it started back up everytime I started running again. So I turned around at the 1.5 mile mark and only did 3 miles. I was able to run a little bit on the way back in, but overall it wasn't a good run for me. I felt pretty disappointed since I'd been running well all week, but as my friend Gina says, every run can't be a good one.

Sunday Justin agreed to go running with me. I wanted to try to do 4 miles to make up for Saturday's awful run. So we drove out to the Berkeley Marina. We first ran out into the Bay on the concrete pier. That was quite the workout cuz we were running directly into the wind. Then we ran all around the yacht club, and around Ceasar Chavez park. We made it all around and back to the car. So I got my four miles in! The last mile was pretty rough, but with Justin's cajoling I made it. Now I have to do that 3 times in a row. Yikes.

No comments: