Monday, August 27, 2007

Sunday - a trail run

So I wanted to take it easy on Sunday after doing the 6 miles on Saturday. So, my husband and I got up early and went up to the East Bay Hills for a run. We ended up at Redwood Park which has a nice dirt trail that's part of the Skyline Bay Trail. We did two miles (one out and one back). It was pretty cool and grey - in fact, there were points where is was sort of raining from the wet fog which was passing through the trees. I hadn't run on a trail before and it is a very different experience from the mostly track/paved trails I've been training on. The trail was also much more hilly than I had remembered - it is fascinating how much things change when you are running vs. just walking them.

On our way back, we heard a loud noise, almost like someone was doing construction work at 8am on a Sunday. Then as we came around a corner we saw what had made the noise - a size able tree had fallen across the trail. Justin just jumped on top of it and over, I did a not so graceful clambering over it.

No comments: