Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Travels

So Sunday I flew to Billings, Montana. Monday was a 'non-running' day so I went to the gym in the hotel I was in first thing Monday morning. It was a very small fitness room without much equipment but I made do.

Yesterday evening I flew into Portland, Oregon. I had dinner with a friend of mine who is an avid runner. She told me about a great place to run near my hotel which I did this morning. It was a 3 mile run along the waterfront park, and across two bridges. Again, I think I ran at least half the time if not more, and I felt great. In total, I was out on the path for an hour before I headed back to the hotel. After my site visit, I ended up walking around Portland a lot (it is an easy city to do that in). Only now that I am sitting in the Portland airport (about to fly to Spokane, WA) is the soreness kicking in.

So far, I am enjoying the training (you know, all 3 days of it!). There are only 2 months and 2 weeks left until the marathon!

No comments: