Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'm ok!

Heyas all. Hope I didn't worry everyone. So Tuesday September
4th I went to see the podiatrist. They took x-rays, and poked my foot quite a bit. From the poking she decided that I probably had the beginnings of a stress fracture on my 3 metatarsal in addition to the plantar fasciitis. She put me in a "boot" (something that my friend's 2 yr old daughter called an "Owie Boot" when she had to wear one for her broken foot). I had to wear it for a week. Within an hour of putting it on, the pain had completely disappeared. Justin & I spent the past weekend in Seattle (I had to be there on Monday & Tuesday of this week for work so we went up two days early). Wearing the boot meant I got special treatment at the airport (it didn't set off metal detector alarms but they needed to wipe it and my fingers down to make sure there weren't traces of anything nasty on them). We did quite the hiking around Seattle though so I got lots of good exercise.

I had my follow-up appt. with the podiatrist yesterday. The foot wasn't very painful at all when she poked it, so now I am wearing a compression band around the front of my foot. I can start running again on Sunday. I can walk until then though which is good - I just need to be more careful and take it easy.

So the bottom line is that I've lost two weeks of training, but I am still going to do this thing. After all, I am part of team "Just do the damn thing".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woot you're OK! Glad to hear it. Keep fighting the good fight, with care and persistence I'm sure you can work through it and run the marathon!