Sunday, September 23, 2007

Friday - rest & yoga

So Friday is the rest day - not supposed to do anything. However, I was kind of freaking out for two reasons - one is that I didn't really do any training on Wednesday or Thursday, and second is that Saturday was the Nike Preview run. The Nike Preview run means that all the Bay Area teams go to San Francisco to run part of the Nike Marathon course (a segment in the middle & end of the course). It is a really big deal and a terrific opportunity to see the course. I was also kind of worried because I hadn't run for two weeks, and then this week I just did the Buddy run (3.5 miles) but Saturday I was supposed to run 7-9 miles.

So what I did was go to a lunchtime yoga class - it was a mellow flow yoga so not too streneous, but it got me nice and stretched and calmed my nerves some. Overall I think it was a good decision...

No comments: