Monday, October 1, 2007

Monday - gym workout

Yesterday (Sunday) I didn't do any exercise whatsoever. My left foot was hurting again from Saturday's run (though this isn't the plantar fasciitis pain, this is a new pain on the back outside part of my foot), and my college friend that I was visiting is on strict bed rest related to her pregnancy so we weren't exactly hitting the town.

Today I picked up my co-worker at the Denver airport and then we drove to Vail. We had a couple hours to kill before the conference began so after getting settled, I hit the gym. I think this gym was the most amazing "hotel" gym I have ever seen. It is actually a gym in its own right with members etc that the hotel guests can use. It was huge, 3 floors, amazing (and slightly intimidating) machines, and it had its own spa as well. I did some circuit training on the machines, then did the StairMaster for 20 minutes, then 100 sit-ups on an exercise ball. I felt pretty winded after all that and it was a good hour of working out so I called it a day. I could definitely feel the affects of the altitude (8,200 feet above sea level) just from getting winded walking to the gym.

We will see how successful I am at running in the morning...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.