Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday night - taping clinic

So, I went to a taping clinic this evening at La Foot. Basically we learned some exercises to do to prevent common foot/knee injuries, types of shoes to look for, and then how to tape feet, ankles, & knees to prevent pain while running. I had them do a gait analyses on me and the good news is that they said my feet weren't all that messed up. So if I had shoes which had more torsion and vertical control I probably wouldn't have had any injuries (at least, not like I did). So that is really encouraging. My calves are really tight right now though and my left one hurts when I run. It isn't shin splints, just a inflammation of the calf muscle. They showed me a stretch I should be doing pretty much constantly.

Overall it was a pretty helpful clinic. I think we all wished it had been much earlier in the training season, since the race is in 5 days!

No comments: