Thursday, October 18, 2007

Introducing my mom

So last night I introduced my mother to the Daughters Grieving their Mothers grief group I attend weekly. I showed the group some photos (including the ones on this page and my fundraising page, as well as some of her as a child, on her wedding day, and us together the day before my college graduation).

I also showed the group some of her artwork which she had made for me - it is a beautiful collage/drawing/writing piece telling me to Seize the Day while angels watch over me. It was a piece of her work that I haven't looked at in years, and considering that it is now only 3 days until my run, it was perfect timing.

So here I am - seizing the day, running to honor those who are still fighting each day, and those who live on daily in our memories.

Tonight I am going to pick up my race packet at the Nike Expotique with my friend Sabrina & my sister in law Amber. Tomorrow is rest, Saturday is rest and the Team in Training Pasta Party, and then Sunday early (6:15am) is when I show up to run.

No comments: