Sunday, September 23, 2007

Wednesday & Thursday - no training :(

So Wednesday I planned to go to a Pilates class over lunch. But I had forgotten that I had scheduled a business lunch (which was quite wonderful) so I couldn't make Pilates.
That evening I couldn't do karate either because I started a grief group run by a local Hospice. The group is for Daughters Grieving their Mothers and it is every Wednesday from 7-9pm which are the exact same hours as karate. I was very nervous about going - it is a group of about 9 women - I was by far the youngest there as well (I think the next youngest woman is 40). I think this is a good step for me to be taking though and while it is taking time out of my physical training, I am optimistic that it will help me emotionally.

Thursday I was planning to make my return to the 6am track practice. However those plans were foiled when I was up all night with stomach problems. I wasn't even able to go into work on Thursday and instead worked from home.

No comments: